Saturday, December 2, 2006

December 2nd, 2006

It’s nine o’clock in the morning, I’ve been up for less than twenty seconds and already my mind’s rolled over to the topic I love to kill myself over. That’s right: Allison. I got to sleep at three in the morning last night… or this morning. I just can’t get her out of my mind. No matter what, everything seems to remind me of her. Even when I’m not thinking I think about her. I know that makes no sense to most people, but those few have never been in love. I can still see the blue of the Kimono she was wearing yesterday onstage. The sparkle of the crystal dangling from her new necklace is still shining in my eyes. But if I keep talking like this, I’ll go completely insane.

Luckily today is Saturday, because I now have almost no reason to go to school. Aside from the learning. I mean, she was almost the only reason I went to begin with. Jeez, I’m doing it again!

Still, she’s… stop it. Just stop it, Brain. Be quiet. I don’t need your input.

Today is Tree Weekend, when we put up the Christmas decorations. A lot of folks put up their tree on the first of December, but our family puts them up the weekend after our Uncle's birthday, on the 29th of November. He complains if we put it up any earlier. It took a full hour to put together the tree itself, two hours to get all the ornaments out of their boxes and packaging, and yet another two hours to put them on the tree! Let alone the lights, beads, baubles and miscellaneous other stuff. The official Christmas Count:

Over 200 ornaments
5 metres of beads
25 baubles
Two sets of 5 metre lights
A door wreath and hand-stitched Christmas sign
A five-foot singing, dancing Santa statue
Five boxes of outside lighting
Assorted bits and pieces around the house
A small, two-foot tree in my bedroom

And we’re still not done! It’s gonna be a long week, but at least I’ve got something to keep my mind on, and keep my mind off other things.

We’ve just ordered a pizza, and it doesn’t look like anything interesting’s going down. I am going to watch the Countdown Spectacular, but that’s not too interesting. I’ll see you all tomorrow.

No comments: